Baked eggs with bacon are the perfect vehicle for some spicy jalapeño peppers: fluffy baked eggs are the base for the smoky, fatty bacon and little pops of heat that make everything interesting without setting your eyes watering over your breakfast. If jalapeños just aren’t your thing, you could also do this one with regular mini bell peppers, or just add more of the ordinary bell peppers.
Of course, you can also play around with the other vegetables. Add mushrooms or spinach or whatever else you like instead of or on top of the peppers and onions. The great thing about recipes like this is that they’re not set in stone and just about everything is up for rearrangement depending on your test.
Egg cups are a classic for breakfast on the run – throw a couple into a bag or napkin and bring them in the car or throw them in your gym bag to scarf down after a workout. Make a big batch over the weekend and you’ll have ready-to-go breakfast all week.
Jalapeño-Bacon Egg Cups Recipe
Add to Meal Plan
- 10 large eggs;
- 12 bacon slices, half cooked;
- 4 jalapeño peppers, seeded and sliced;
- 1/2 onion, diced;
- 1/4 cup coconut or almond milk;
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, chopped;
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Preheat your oven to 375 F.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, coconut milk, garlic powder, and season with salt and pepper to taste, and whisk until well combined.
- Take out your muffin tin, and line each muffin cup with a slice of bacon.
- Fill each hole with the egg mixture, and top with diced onion, bell pepper, and jalapeño.
- Place in the preheated oven, and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.