Steaks are one of the most popular cuts of meat, and these sirloin steaks are made even more delicious when coated with a simple marinade. Luckily, the marinade ingredients are simple and won’t add much time to the prep. The combination of coconut aminos, garlic and Dijon mustard create a savory sauce that will compliment these tender steaks.
If you can afford it and have it available, try purchasing grass-fed cuts of beef. Cows fed from grass provide nutrients that aren’t as available in conventionally-raised cows, like CLA and Vitamin K2. Pro tip: allow the steaks to come to room temperature before cooking them. The steaks will be more tender and juicy after they’re cooked because they will spend less time on the grill.
Slice the steaks into the thickness you desire and serve over a bed of greens or a side of mash. If you have leftovers, place into a tightly sealed glass container and serve over a green salad the next day!
Simple Steak With Mustard Sauce Recipe
- 4 sirloin steaks;
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard;
- 2 garlic cloves, minced;
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos;
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar;
- 1 tbsp. raw honey (optional);
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Place the Dijon mustard, garlic, coconut aminos, balsamic vinegar, and honey in a bowl and whisk until well blended.
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Baste the steak with the mustard sauce and bring to room temperature, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Grill the steaks for 3 to 4 minutes on both sides, and let rest for 4 to 5 minutes before serving.