With the holidays in full swing, so are the festive parties and gatherings. Skip on the pricey bacon-wrapped scallops and stand out with this appetizer that uses the classic pairing of Brussels sprouts and bacon. It’s just as lavish, but much more forgiving when it comes to the cooking process. Double the mustard sauce to serve it as a dipping sauce if you’d like. The sauce gives the mini-cabbage a sweet and zesty bite that compliments its slight bitterness.
Whether you’re hosting or need a dish to bring to a family dinner, this appetizer will be devoured. Although Brussels sprouts aren’t an automatic favorite to many, you’ll be surprised with this one! A great way to turn some skeptics into believers. They won’t be as apprehensive to try one out since it’s just a bite. You can always mix them amongst these Bacon-Wrapped Butternut Squash for some variety. Pay attention to which goes first and let us know!
Bacon-Wrapped Brussels Sprouts With Mustard Sauce Recipe
Protein: 8g / %
Carbs: 8g / %
Fat: 13g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 18 Brussels sprouts, washed and trimmed
- 9 bacon slices, cut in half
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. pure maple syrup or raw honey
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Wrap each Brussels sprout with a half slice of bacon.
- Place on a baking sheet, and cook in the oven 25 to 30 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the olive oil, dijon, maple syrup, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Brush the bacon-wrapped Brussels sprout with the mustard sauce.
- Place back in the oven and cook another 5 minutes, or until back is nice and crispy.