Tired of romaine lettuce or spinach in your side salad? Branch out and try two types of different leafy greens — endive and Boston lettuce greens. Boston or butter lettuce is great for wraps because it’s flexible, yet durable enough to stuff with ingredients. Endive leaves are scoop-shaped and are great for stuffing, too.
These crunchy lettuce varieties provide the base for a sweet red apple, grapes and crunchy pecans. The creamy mayo-based dressing provides fat and allows fat-soluble vitamins (Vitamins A, D, E, and K) to be properly absorbed by the body.
Pecan And Endive Salad Recipe
Protein: 5g / %
Carbs: 32g / %
Fat: 40g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 4 cups Boston lettuce leaves
- 4 endive heads , halved and broken into leaves
- 1 red apple, cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup red grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup pecans, roasted
Simple Dressing Ingredients
- 1/4 cup homemade mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Dijon or whole-grain mustard
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup (optional)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together the simple dressing ingredients until well emulsified.
- In a salad bowl, combine the salad ingredients.
- Serve the salad with the dressing drizzled on top.