Whole roasted carrots give quite a dramatic presentation and are perfect to serve at a holiday meal or big dinner gathering. Luckily, carrots are usually available in groceries stores year-round, so you can roast these up in the middle of summer or winter. To give a pop of color to this dish, try buying carrots of various colors, like yellow, red, and even purple carrots. The different colored carrots may taste slightly different (one color may be slightly more sweet than another), but generally, they will taste the same.
These carrots are roasted in the oven for 25-30 minutes, so think about other vegetables you can roast in a pan alongside them. You can toss in asparagus, red onions, or even green beans. Some vegetables are less hardy than carrots, so they may need to be removed from the oven a few minutes earlier, so keep an eye on your oven!
Balsamic Roasted Carrots Recipe
Protein: 2g / %
Carbs: 20g / %
Fat: 6g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 1-1/2 lb. young carrots
- 2 tbsp. ghee
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. raw honey (optional)
- Fresh parsley, minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- In a bowl, combine the ghee, garlic, honey, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper, and season to taste.
- Mix in the carrots and toss until well coated.
- Place in the oven and roast for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve topped with fresh parsley.