If you are craving a bean-less chili that fits into your paleo or keto diet plan, then look no further than this bean-less Texas-style chili recipe! Made with a combination of ground beef and pork sausage, this chili packs a flavorful punch that will leave your taste buds singing.
One of the best things about this recipe is how easy it is to prepare. With just 20 minutes of prep time, you can have all of your ingredients prepped and ready to go before letting the chili simmer on the stove for a little more than an hour. This recipe is also both keto and paleo-friendly, making it a great option for everyone at your dinner table.
One of the best things about chili is how versatile it is. You can serve it on its own, with riced cauliflower, on top of a baked sweet potato, or even wrapped in one of these cauliflower tortilla wraps.
This bean-less Texas-style chili recipe is a delicious and satisfying meal that is sure to become a new favorite paleo dish in your recipe rotation. So go ahead, give it a try and let the flavors of Texas take your taste buds on a journey!
Bean-Less Texas-Style Chili
Serves: 12 Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 3 pounds of ground beef
- 1 pound hot pork sausage
- 3 onions
- 4 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon almond meal
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 (48oz) cans of diced tomatoes
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
How to Make Paleo Texas-Style Chili
Start by heating a large pot over medium heat. Add the ground beef, pork sausage, diced onions, and minced garlic to the pot. Cook and stir the ingredients until the meat is fully browned.
Next, add the chili powder, oregano, and almond meal to the pot. Season the mixture with salt and pepper to your desired taste. Stir the ingredients together.
Reduce the heat to low and let the mixture simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
After an hour, add the diced tomatoes to the pot and stir them into the mixture. Allow the chili to simmer for an additional 20 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
The key to this recipe is the blend of spices used to flavor the meat. A combination of chili powder, garlic, and oregano gives it that classic Texas-style chili taste. The addition of diced tomatoes and onions gives the chili a nice balance of sweetness and savoriness.
More Paleo Soups, Stews, and Chili Recipes
If you love a good soup, stew, or chili, then we have you covered with some more great recipes that easily fit into a paleo meal plan. Check them out and bookmark your favorites!
- Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipe
- Paleo Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe
- Zucchini Soup with Sweet Potato Scoops Recipe
- Sausage And Spinach Soup Recipe
- Slow Cooker Paleo Bison Stew Recipe
Bean-Less Texas Style Chili
- In a large pot, cook the ground beef, sausage meat, onions and garlic over a medium heat while stirring consistently until the meat is browned.3 lbs ground beef, 1 lb hot pork sausage, 4 cloves garlic, 3 onions
- Add the chili powder, oregano, almond meal and season with salt and pepper to taste;¼ cup chili powder, 1 tablespoon almond meal, 1 tablespoon dried oregano, Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Simmer for 1 hour while stirring frequently.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer for another 20 minute96 oz diced tomatoes;
- You may use any combination of ground meats you prefer, all beef, or a mixture of beef and pork. Sausage is not necessary but does add to the flavor.
- If not using sausage, you will need to add additional seasoning. I recommend adding 1 tablespoon cumin and 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper.