Crunchy slivered almonds, sweet-tart cranberries, and creamy avocado all over a big pile of greens and sprinkled with vinaigrette: is your mouth starting to water yet? This salad has plenty of flavor and texture contrasts to keep it interesting, not to mention a healthy dose of the good fats from avocado slices and olive oil.
To make the dressing extra delicious, it has a few ingredients that might not already be in the pantry, but none of them should be hard to find. Dried mustard is typically right in the condiments aisle, or sometimes with the spices. And white balsamic vinegar should be easy to find in any full-sized grocery store. They’re not impossible to get, just a little bit out of the ordinary – perfect for rekindling your interest in salad if your go-to vinaigrette is starting to get boring.
Serve this salad with anything you like: it’s dressy enough to go with steak or salmon, but even if you don’t have anything special planned, it’s simple enough to be perfectly fine with something more ordinary like roast chicken. Make a big bowl and watch it disappear: even salad skeptics might discover that this is one pile of greens they actually like!
Cranberry Avocado Salad Recipe
Add to Meal Plan
- 12 oz. baby mixed greens, spinach, and/or arugula
- 2 medium avocados, sliced
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- ¾ cup roasted almonds
Ingredients for the dressing
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. poppy seeds
- ½ tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. dried mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced sweet onion
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup raw honey (optional)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the dressing, season to taste, and stir well.
- Place the greens in a large bowl. Add the avocado and dried cranberries.
- Pour ¼ cup of the dressing over the salad and toss gently.
- Scatter the almonds over the salad.
- Serve with some extra dressing.