Some days only a salad will satisfy you. Make it a salad with fruit and bacon, yes, some fresh greens should be present too – and pretty soon salads will be fun, explorative and intriguing. With millions of recipes and a plethora of ingredients to be bought/harvested/foraged, it will be hard to choose just one as a favorite, but we believe this recipe is a great start, particularly if you love peaches.
Peaches are nice in smoothies, crumbles and sauces, yet they are lovely in a simple salad too, nicely complementing the salty protein of pork origin, bacon. Peaches are a member of the rose family, as are apricots, almonds and plums; and it is not just the fruit you can eat, the flowers are edible as well! You can sense them by their aroma, and you can recognize them by feel too. Covered in fuzz they are, but if you would like to remove the fuzzy skin just follow this simple tip: bring a pot of water to boil, drop the entire peach in for 30 seconds, remove with a spoon and place into an ice water bath, from there the peeling should be easy and accomplished without the use of a knife.
If you feel the need, or the craving, to add a skewer full of protein, then we suggest to try some Key West grilled chicken for the most sublime match.
Peach And Bacon Salad Recipe
Protein: 14g / %
Carbs: 37g / %
Fat: 42g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 peaches, sliced
- 4 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. fresh lemon zest
- 1 tbsp. raw honey
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley, minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Whisk together all of the ingredients for the dressing until well emulsified, and season to taste.
- In a bowl combine the lettuce, cucumber, onion, peach, and fried bacon.
- Drizzle the honey-lemon dressing over the salad and toss gently.
- Adjust the seasoning and serve.