Do you or your kids want a muffin with breakfast, or a muffin for a sweet mid-afternoon snack? Try these chocolate-y banana-filled muffin bites made with a big dollop of almond butter and cocoa powder.
Nut butters are a must-add ingredient for many Paleo baking recipes because nut butters are creamy and provide a thick consistency. Have an allergy to almonds? Simply replace the almond butter with cashew butter or sunflower seed butter; both are available in most supermarket stores.
Using very ripe bananas will make these muffin bites quite sweet. And, if you would like an extra kick of sweetness, try adding a bit of raw honey to the batter. As with many baking recipes, if you have kids, have them join you to stir and mix up the ingredients for these muffins. Store leftover muffin bites in the fridge and enjoy throughout the week!
Banana Chocolate Muffin Bites Recipe
Protein: 10g / %
Carbs: 24g / %
Fat: 19g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 3 bananas, ripe;
- 1 cup almond butter;
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder;
- 1 egg, beaten;
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract;
- 2 tbsp. raw honey; (optional)
- Mini muffin pan;
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients together until well combined.
- Fill each muffin tin with the banana-chocolate mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Let the muffins cool for 5 to 8 minutes before removing from pan.