These paleo fresh herb meatballs are a classic comfort food that can be enjoyed in so many different ways. Whether you're looking for a hearty pasta-style dish or a simple appetizer, meatballs are always a crowd-pleaser. But for those following a paleo or keto diet, traditional meatball recipes may not be an option. That's where this recipe for paleo fresh herb meatballs comes in.
These meatballs are made with a combination of ground beef and ground pork, which gives them a rich and flavorful taste. The addition of fresh basil and parsley gives them a bright freshness that pairs perfectly with the savory meat. The minced onion and spinach also add a nice depth of flavor to the meatballs while giving each bite more nutrients.
One of the best things about this recipe is how easy it is to make. The prep time is only 15 minutes and the cooking time is just 25 minutes. This makes it a great option for a weeknight dinner or even a quick and easy lunch.
Fresh Herb Meatballs
Serve these meatballs as a main course or as an appetizer. They are delicious on their own or served with a flavorful sauce. You could also serve them with a side of vegetables or a salad for a complete meal. And because they are so versatile, they are perfect for any occasion, whether it's a casual dinner party or a family dinner.
Serves: 3 Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- ½ onion
- ½ cup fresh basil
- ½ cup fresh parsley
- 1 cup spinach
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup almond meal
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 4 cloves garlic
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to Make Paleo Fresh Herb Meatballs
Begin by preheating your oven to 350°F.
In a mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, pork, basil, oregano, onion, spinach, almond meal, and garlic. Mix the ingredients together with your hands until well blended. Add sea salt and black pepper to taste.
Roll the mixture into small, golf-ball-sized meatballs and place them on a baking sheet, leaving space between each one.
Bake the meatballs in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until they are fully cooked through.
NOTE: To make the herbs more fine, you can use a food processor to chop them before adding them to the meat mixture.
More Paleo Ground Beef Recipes
Have more ground beef and not sure what to make? Check out some of my favorite ground beef recipes below!
- Pear And Bell Pepper Ground Beef Stir-Fry Recipe
- Sweet Potato And Ground Beef Bowl Recipe
- Ground Beef And Zucchini Stir-Fry Recipe
- Ground Beef And Cabbage Skillet Recipe
Our recipe for paleo fresh herb meatballs is a delicious and easy way to enjoy classic comfort food while following a paleo or keto diet. The addition of fresh herbs and vegetables gives the meatballs a unique and delicious flavor, and the almond meal makes them suitable for a low-carb diet
Fresh Herb Meatballs
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well with your hands to combine. You can use a food processor to reduce the basil, parsley and spinach to a finer mixture before adding it to the ground meat. Season the mixture with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.1 lb ground beef, 1 lb ground pork, ½ onion, ½ cup fresh basil, ½ cup fresh parsley, 1 cup spinach, 4 eggs, ½ cup almond meal, 1 tablespoon dried oregano, 4 cloves garlic, Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Make small balls the size of a golf ball and place them apart on a baking sheet, then place them in the preheated oven to cook for about 25 minutes, until well cooked.
- Use any combination of ground meat you prefer, just make sure that it has enough fat to bind and stay moist.
- Chop mushrooms and mix them into the meat for more protein and flavor.
- Serve alone or with your favorite paleo-friendly pasta sauce or barbecue sauce.