Chicken drumsticks are among the easiest meals to prepare and bake. In the case where they rest in a lemon and garlic marinade for several hours, you are sure to add flavorful value to your dinner while you go about daily life. This meal is all about quickness in both prep and clean up, and it just so happens to be budget and child-friendly too. In fact, as long as you are eating with your greasy hands, you may as well grab two…
If you are in the lucky situation to be able to purchase chicken meat locally from a small farm or CSA, know that the nutritional benefits will be greater than the average chicken sold at the supermarket. Even if you have to spend a little bit more, it is definitely worth it. If you can find meat from pasture-raised birds, work it into your budget and support healthy animals and organic agriculture – same goes for eggs too.
If you would like to add a hint of sweetness to the meal, then maple roasted carrots may just be your best bet, though grilled garlic and thyme radishes will upscale your meal by a few degrees, if that’s the mood you are shooting for. Either way, they are sure to be a family favorite, asked for time and time again.
Lemon And Garlic Chicken Drumsticks Recipe
Protein: 66g / %
Carbs: 2g / %
Fat: 39g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 10 to 12 chicken drumsticks
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. paprika (optional)
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Sea salt and freshly grounded black pepper
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients, minus the drumsticks, and season to taste.
- Mix everything until well combined.
- Season the drumsticks with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place the drumsticks in a marinating container, and pour the lemon-garlic marinade over the chicken.
- Cover and let marinate 2 to 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Remove chicken from the container and place in a baking dish.
- Place in the oven and bake 30 to 35 minutes, turning at the halfway point.
- Serve the chicken with fresh parsley sprinkled on top.