It is the most wonderful time of the year. Cookies are baking, trees need decorating… And fudge, well, fudge just brings a smile to our faces and an indescribable happiness to our tongues. We know without a doubt that a plate of Paleo fudge makes an excellent gift for all those on your list, if not only for yourself. If you aren’t sure what to give this year, the answer is, and always will be, fudge. Paleo eaters appreciate it aplenty, while non-Paleo noshers will be delighted and curious to dive in too! It is sweet and cocoa-y, what’s not to love?
To give this simple fudge it’s fudgy-ness we chose to use almond butter, but another nut butter of your choice could work too. This fudge is a rich, smooth and chocolatey fudge. All it takes is a few ingredients and a simple flick of the wrist, and by that, we mean some mixing. Make sure to store it in the fridge since the base is coconut oil, it will melt rather quickly – it’s still an indulgence nonetheless!
But there is more! Don’t forget to add your own creative elements: goji berries, chopped nuts, dates, cocoa nibs, peppermint extract or coconut snow. Remember not to cut the squares too big, leave room for the desire to come back for another bite, another piece of fudge…
Paleo Fudge Recipe
Protein: 4g / %
Carbs: 12g / %
Fat: 19g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, softened or melted
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt or to taste
- Line a square pan with parchment paper, the size will depend on how thick or thin you’d like your fudge to be.
- In medium bowl, mix together all of the ingredients until smooth.
- If using any add ins, stir them into the fudge now.
- Pour mixture into pan and use a spatula to spread evenly.
- Refrigerate until set, about 2-3 hours.
- Once set, you can sprinkle with extra salt or coconut flakes.
- Cut into squares. This is a rich fudge, so you can keep them smaller if you’d like.
- Store in the fridge.