Treat yourself to a truly magnificent salad with this richly-colored bowl of pomegranate seeds, figs, and cheerful orange slices tossed with greens and avocado slices. The avocado helps balance out all the sweet flavor, and a sprinkle of pine nuts on top adds just a bit more crunch.
There’s also a citrus vinaigrette to match, with orange and lemon flavors in white wine vinegar and olive oil. It’s a slightly different take on the typical olive-oil-and-balsamic combination, and great for bringing out the citrus flavors in the salad. Top it all off with some almond cheese if you like, but it would be just as good without any (or alternately, maybe with some actual cheese if you tolerate dairy).
Because it’s so visually dramatic, this salad would be a lovely centerpiece for a holiday meal – it even has the red-and-green color scheme down in slightly more mature tones. For protein, try it with slow-cooked brisket or some other kind of roast beef, and enjoy!
Pomegranate and Fig Salad Recipe
Protein: 8g / %
Carbs: 38g / %
Fat: 23g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 8 cups mixed greens
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 6 fresh figs, quartered
- 2 tbsp. pine nuts, toasted
- 4 clementines, peeled and segmented
- ¾ cup pomegranate seeds
- Almond cheese (optional)
Citrus Dressing Ingredients
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp. fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the dressing. Season to taste, and whisk until well emulsified.
- In a big salad bowl combine all the ingredients for the salad.
- Drizzle the citrus dressing on top, and toss gently until salad is well coated.
- Sprinkle some almond cheese on top before serving. (optional)