When you make the switch to a Paleo diet, sometimes the hardest meal to deal with is lunch. Whether you’re working, out for errands, or just trying to get something made quickly at home, lunch seems like the meal where there’s the greatest temptation to opt for something easy, and often, non-Paleo. We adore dishes like this one because they are so good, yet come together extremely quickly, making them perfect for a packed lunch or easy mid-day meal. This recipe, inspired by Hawaiian poke bowls, requires no cook time and is large enough for four servings, giving you a tasty and quick option for any meal.
In this dish, you’ll be using sushi-grade salmon for your protein and serving it raw, making food safety and sourcing of utmost importance. Make sure you know where and how your salmon was raised and examine your fish carefully for any signs of spoiling. While eating raw salmon isn’t a problem for some, whether or not you can find it, and your preferences may not make this a valid option. If that’s the case, feel free to adjust this recipe as needed, serving with cooked salmon or another protein to your taste.
This versatile bowl is perfect as a stand-alone dish for a lighter meal, but there are a few things you can do to individualize how you serve it. Some great options include serving it wrapped in sheets of nori or adding a serving of cauliflower rice to the bowl for a heartier meal.
Salmon Poke Bowls With Pineapple And Avocado Recipe
Protein: 31g / %
Carbs: 19g / %
Fat: 19g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 1 lb. sushi-grade salmon, cut into cubes
- 2 cups lettuce, shredded
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup pineapple, diced
- 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 bell pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp. olive or avocado oil
- 1 tbsp. coconut vinegar
- 1 tbsp. raw honey
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. Sriracha sauce (optional)
- In a bowl, combine the coconut aminos, olive oil, coconut vinegar, raw honey, ginger, garlic, and Sriracha (if using).
- Place the lettuce at the bottom of a salad bowl.
- Top the lettuce with the salmon, avocado, pineapple, cucumber, and bell pepper.
- Drizzle with the vinaigrette and toss gently.