If your mouth got to watering at the sight of our recent Paleo sriracha recipe but you weren’t sure what to use it for, look no further! The orange-red color of these wings attests to the mouthful of heat you’ll find when you bite into them: coated in a blend of sriracha sauce and coconut aminos, and perked up with a bit of lime juice, they’re a true spice-lover’s treat.
The sriracha coating would be enticing enough, but this recipe also uses another flavor-boosting technique, the double layer of spices. The first coat of salt, pepper, and garlic provides the base layer of flavor. That soaks into the wings while they cook, and then they’re coated with the sriracha mixture just in time for the broiler. Make them with the optional honey for a spicy-sweet variation, or stay pure to the sriracha alone for un-tempered heat. You can also adjust the spiciness simply by using more or less of the sriracha; if you’ve never cooked with sriracha before, it might be a good idea to make a regular batch and a mild batch in case someone in the family doesn’t want quite that much heat.
However you season them, you’ll be hard-pressed to keep your fingers out of the bowl when the wings emerge from the oven glistening with fat, tender in the center but broiled to a crisp around the edges. Sprinkle a little cilantro on top to bring out their color, arm yourself with a plentiful supply of napkins, and dig in!
Spicy Sriracha Chicken Wings Recipe
Protein: 122g / %
Carbs: 44g / %
Fat: 123g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 2 lbs. chicken wings;
- 1 tsp. garlic powder;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste;
- 1 tbsp. fresh cilantro leaves, minced;
Ingredients for the Sriracha-based sauce
- 5 tbsp. olive oil;
- ¼ cup raw honey; (optional)
- ¼ cup sriracha sauce;
- 1 tbsp. coconut aminos;
- Juice of 1 lime;
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, honey, sriracha, coconut aminos, and lime juice.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken wings, garlic powder, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange the wings on a parchment paper covered baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes, flipping them over halfway through.
- Brush the wings with the Sriracha mixture and place them under the broiler for 3-4 minutes, or until crisp and crusted.
- Serve immediately, garnished with fresh cilantro.