Crispy bacon wrapped around a juicy bite of sausage – it’s a perfect low-carb appetizer or finger food for a party. And it’s also one of those recipes that’s fun to surprise people with: tell them it’s perfectly compliant with your diet and watch their eyes pop. Use your favorite type of sausage: chorizo if you like it with a little extra spice, or any other flavoring that sounds good with bacon.
You will need some homemade BBQ sauce for this – there’s a recipe here. Barbecue sauce is a bit of an undertaking, but it’s good for all kinds of things; if you make a double batch, you could use the rest in…
Or just freeze it until the next time you want some. Maybe you’ll even like this recipe so much you’ll want to make it again!
Bacon-Wrapped BBQ Sausage Bites Recipe
Protein: 22g / %
Carbs: 12g / %
Fat: 17g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 4 good quality sausages, cut into bite-sized pieces;
- 10 good quality bacon slices;
- 1 cup homemade BBQ sauce;
- Preheat your oven to 375 F.
- Cut the bacon slices in half and wrap each sausage piece with a half slice of bacon.
- Secure the bacon around each sausage piece with a toothpick.
- Sprinkle smoked paprika on all the bacon-wrapped sausages.
- Place the bacon-wrapped sausage pieces on a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and brush each bite with BBQ sauce.
- Place back in the oven and cook for an additional 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve warm.