No more boring chicken here! Make bacon wrapped chicken legs with pork stuffing for a truly delicious meal. This paleo friendly meal is ideal for a weeknight dinner, but can be special enough to serve guests. An explosion of flavors and textures will have you coming back for more! Imagine juicy chicken legs stuffed with seasoned pork and pistachios, wrapped in crispy bacon, and fried until perfectly golden.
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Legs
This is a budget-friendly recipe using chicken legs, which are an affordable and nutritious cut of meat. By combining the chicken legs with pork stuffing, these flavors complement and balance each other, resulting in a savory and rich taste. The pork stuffing adds extra protein and healthy fats, which are essential when following a paleo or keto diet.
In addition to its mouthwatering taste, this bacon wrapped chicken legs recipe is easy to make and doesn't require any fancy kitchen equipment.
Want another recipe with bacon? Check out the maple bacon wrapped turkey recipe. So good and another excellent paleo choice.
Serves: 4 Prep Time: 35 min Cook Time: 30 min
• 4 chicken legs, boneless
• 16 slices bacon
• 2 pork sausages, casing removed
• 2 tablespoon whole pistachios
• 1 tablespoon ground pistachios
• 1 egg yolk
• A bunch of fresh parsley, finely chopped
• Cooking fat, beef tallow, lard, or bacon grease
• Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
How to Make Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Legs with Pork Stuffing
Begin by combining the sausage meat, whole and ground pistachios, egg yolk, and parsley in a bowl. Mix everything together thoroughly and season with freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Take each chicken leg and cut out the side to create a pocket for the stuffing. Stuff each leg with the sausage and pistachio mixture.
Next, arrange 4 slices of bacon so that they overlap slightly. Place a stuffed chicken leg on one end and roll the bacon up tightly to completely wrap the leg.
Wrap each chicken leg tightly with foil, making sure the ends are secure. Repeat this process for all of the chicken legs.
Place the wrapped legs in a pot of boiling water and cook for 25 to 30 minutes, until the chicken is fully cooked. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature. Transfer the legs to the refrigerator and chill for another 30 minutes. This will help the bacon adhere to the chicken.
Remove the foil from the legs and pat them dry. Heat a large skillet over medium heat with some cooking fat. Fry the chicken legs until the bacon is crispy on all sides.
If desired, garnish with additional parsley before serving.
More Paleo Chicken Recipes
Chicken legs, often referred to as drumsticks, are a great source of protein that easily fits into your budget. Take time to check out a few of our family favorite recipes below and bookmark your favorites. You can also print out the recipes or pin them to Pinterest to make soon!
- Peruvian-Style Grilled Chicken Recipe
- Slow-Cooked Jerk-Style Chicken Recipe
- Chicken Cacciatore Recipe
- Braised Chicken With Fennel And Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- Grilled Tandoori-Style Chicken Legs Recipe
- Roasted Chicken Legs With Vegetable Kabobs Recipe
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Legs With Pork Stuffing
- 4 chicken legs boneless
- 16 slices bacon
- 2 pork sausages casing removed
- 2 tablespoon whole pistachios
- 1 tablespoon ground pistachios
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 bunch Parsley finely chopped
- 3 tablespoon Cooking fat beef tallow, lard, or bacon grease
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper more or less to taste
- In a bowl, mix sausage meat with whole and ground pistachios, egg yolk, and parsley. Season with black pepper.2 pork sausages, 2 tablespoon whole pistachios, 1 tablespoon ground pistachios, 1 egg yolk, 1 bunch Parsley, 1 teaspoon Black pepper
- Cut each chicken leg to create a pocket and stuff with the sausage and pistachio mixture.4 chicken legs
- Overlap 4 slices of bacon and place a chicken leg on one end. Roll up to wrap the leg with bacon completely. Wrap each chicken leg tightly with foil, securing the ends. Repeat all chicken legs.16 slices bacon
- Boil the wrapped legs in a pot of water for 25-30 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Let the legs cool at room temperature, then refrigerate for 30 minutes to set.
- Remove the foil and pat the legs dry.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and fry the chicken legs in cooking fat until the bacon is crispy on all sides.3 tablespoon Cooking fat
- Serve with parsley garnish, if desired.
- If desired, substitute the chicken legs with chicken thighs or chicken breasts.
- Make sure that the chicken has reached 165°F internally at the thickest point before serving.
- Add additional seasoning to the chicken legs before frying, if desired.
Leave a Reply