Quickly grilled and packed with flavor, these beef skewers are full of zest and herbs. Souvlaki is a popular Greek fast food consisting of small pieces of meat grilled on a skewer. While the meat is usually served in a pita wrap, these can easily be served with a side of veggies or salad.
The amount of time to marinate these cubes of beef is flexible; you can marinate for just a few hours, or overnight. Like any skewer recipe, if you’re using wooden skewers, be sure to soak them in water for at least 30 minutes, so the skewers don’t catch on fire while on the grill.
The mix of lemon and herbs in the marinade makes this a versatile dish. Pair with zucchini gremolata or grilled vegetables. Have leftovers? Slide the beef chunks off the skewers and serve on a salad the next day!
Beef Souvlaki Skewers Recipe
Protein: 46g / %
Carbs: 2g / %
Fat: 50g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 3 lbs beef, cut into cubes
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Wood or metal skewers
- In a food processor, add the garlic cloves, mint, oregano, rosemary, lemon juice, olive oil, and season to taste.
- Pulse until the marinade is smooth.
- Add the beef to the marinade and refrigerate 2 to 3 hours.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Thread beef onto the skewers.
- Place the beef skewers on the grill and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Serve with fresh lemon wedges.