We enjoy unique and tasty dishes, and this coconut-mango chicken is definitely no exception. In this dish, you’ll be combining chopped chicken breast with the sweet and tangy flavors of mango, coconut, and smoky spices like cumin and paprika to create a yummy one-pot meal that comes together quickly. Even though this dish already has a pretty low prep and cook time, you can save even more by prepping your sauce in advance and refrigerating until needed. Or, try cooking your chicken and sauce in a slow cooker versus the stove-top – either way, you’ll end up with a tender, spicy-sweet dish.
This dish includes a generous amount of salsa verde (or green salsa) as part of the ingredients list. While you can buy this pre-made at the grocery store, try to make it yourself! Salsa tastes so much better the fresher it is, and our recipe on preparing this makes it simple and quick. If you do decide to buy a pre-made option, check your ingredients list carefully – many salsas add unnecessary sugars and other non-Paleo ingredients that you’ll want to avoid.
This dish works well as a pre-made lunch – it’s easy to scale up and freeze batches of it. If you’re bringing this to the office for your lunch hour, try adding a bowl of the grilled eggplant and sun-dried tomato salad (instead of mint, use some fresh cilantro to keep the flavors consistent). If you are serving this for dinner and have a bit more time to prep, try making a batch of these cauliflower tortillas to serve the chicken and sauce atop of.
Chicken With Coconut-Mango Sauce Recipe
Protein: 54g / %
Carbs: 16g / %
Fat: 11g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 2 lbs. chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 cup mango, chopped
- 1 cup mild salsa verde
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- Fresh cilantro (to garnish)
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Add the salsa verde, mango, coconut milk, jalapeño, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, and smoked paprika to a blender; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pulse until you get a smooth sauce; add more coconut milk if you want a creamier texture.
- Heat the coconut oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook until browned, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the bell pepper and cook 3 to 4 minutes until softened.
- Pour in the coconut-mango sauce and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Cook until chicken is cooked through and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve topped with fresh cilantro.