With a classic spice blend of paprika, cumin, onion powder and cayenne pepper, this drumstick recipe is versatile and will go with almost any side dish. The apple juice is the secret weapon in the marinade, and balances out the spicy ingredients with a hint of sweetness.
Drumsticks are budget-friendly and pair perfectly with a side of veggies at a backyard BBQ cookout. Kids love to eat with their hands, so these drumsticks are great for the kids to grab and gnaw away! Sure, there will be messy hands and faces for kids and adults alike, but that’s what makes backyard gatherings so much fun.
Looking for a grilled vegetable side? Toss sliced sweet potatoes on the grill during the final 10 minutes of grilling. You can also pair these drumsticks with a fresh, crisp salad. If you have any drumsticks left over, carve the meat off the bone with a sharp knife and toss in a salad the next day.
Cumin And Paprika Chicken Drumsticks Recipe
Protein: 44g / %
Carbs: 4g / %
Fat: 34g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 2 lb. chicken drumsticks
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh apple juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the paprika, cumin, onion powder, cayenne pepper, garlic, parsley, apple juice, olive oil, and season to taste.
- Add the drumstick to the marinade, cover, and refrigerate for 1 to 8 hours.
- Turn the drumstick once in a while, if marinating for more than 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill the drumstick for 30 to 35 minutes, turning every 4 to 5 minutes.
- Let rest for 2 to 3 minutes, then serve.