Kids love drumsticks because they get to eat with their hands. Parents like them too, as they are easy to prepare and bake, and food doesn’t get wasted, not a single bite. When life gets hectic, it can feel like an accomplishment just to feed your family, and a meal full of chicken drumsticks is a blessing when there are many hungry hands around the dinner table.
Drumsticks are low-carb too, making them an excellent keto option for when time and money is limited. Naturally you can flavor them any which way you like, cumin and paprika drumsticks are nice, as are buttermilk and garlic roast drumsticks, but garlic and Dijon is a must for mustard enthusiasts. The trick here is to let the chicken bathe in the marinade for 2 to 12 hours, the longer the better, if we may say so ourselves. You can begin the business of marinating before you go to work in the morning, and toss them in the oven upon your return, giving yourself more than half an hour to conjure up a decadent dessert or a tempting side dish.
You might choose to add some more finger food to the menu in the form of zucchini fries, sliced veggies or cheesy cauliflower bread sticks. And for that finger-licking good dessert? Keto chocolate almond butter fat bombs are the exemplary answer to that.
Keto Garlic And Dijon Chicken Drumsticks Recipe
Protein: 55g / %
Carbs: 1g / %
Fat: 34g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 8 to 10 chicken drumsticks
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. whole-grain mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl combine the garlic, parsley, lemon juice, olive oil, Dijon mustard, whole-grain mustard, and season to taste; whisk until well emulsified.
- Place the chicken in a marinating container, and pour the mustard sauce over it.
- Make sure all the chicken pieces are well coated, cover, and let marinate 2 to 12 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Place the drumsticks on a baking sheet, and cook 45 to 55 minutes, turning at the halfway point.
- Let the chicken rest 2 to 3 minutes before serving.