If you love garlic, you have landed on the right recipe – and if you adore fresh herbs, well, then consider these garlic and herb lamb chops doubly delicious. This dish involves few ingredients, which is a wonderful bonus for when you want to relax after work and simplify meal preparation, without losing on flavor, of course. Gather your fresh rosemary, mint, oregano and parsley from the market or your own herb garden, and start mincing away!
The lamb chops only need to be marinated for half an hour or so in the herb mixture, in the meantime you can heat up the grill. Make sure to prep a batch of grilled sweet potatoes as a mouthwatering appetizer while you wait. One could also serve them alongside the lamb chops when dinner is ready, but it is hard to wait once their enticing aroma fills the air. Go ahead and sneak a couple of bites when necessary, and it may be necessary: quality control, right? It is beneficial to know that you can enjoy these garlic and herb lamb chops even without a grill – simply broil or pan-fry them, just be sure to never overcook chops.
Before the main event is hot on the plate, be sure to spend some time creating a side dish to compliment it. A generous spoonful of potato salad with plenty of dill will do nicely, but if you are looking for a side with a lower carb count, then sautéed carrots and zucchini is your best bet.
Garlic And Herb Lamb Chops Recipe
Protein: 23g / %
Carbs: 2g / %
Fat: 31g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 4 to 6 lamb loin chops
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 tbsp. fresh mint, minced
- 1 tbsp. fresh oregano, minced
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley, minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl combine the olive oil, garlic, rosemary, mint, oregano and parsley.
- Season the lamb chops to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Rub the chops with the garlic and herb mixture; let marinate 30 to 45 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill the chops 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until desired doneness.
- Serve topped with fresh parsley.