You’ve already attempted to recreate grilled Dijon pork chops with a grainy mustard sauce – and let’s just assume that it turned out magnificent. Now you are ready to move onto another familiar comfort food: potato salad. Not just any potato salad with gluten in the sauce as thickener, or with evaporated milk in the list of ingredients, no that’s not for us, nor is it for you. You can also forget about store bought potato salad too, often full of questionable no-no ingredients. Why bother with recipes of the past when it is entirely possible to make a roasted sweet potato salad with lime dressing at home and come out as the winner every time?
In this “modern” recipe you get to start with a choice: russets or sweet potatoes. Go one way or the other depending on what you can find, or what you can tolerate, or simply combine the two together if you cannot decide. Just remember to boil them in separate pots as they won’t cook at the same rate. The key to a super potato salad is to serve the potatoes at the perfect doneness, so pay special attention when boiling them, and don’t let them turn into mush.
While your tatties are on the stove, make sure that your oven is heated up to 400 F and ready for a hefty portion of garlic and Dijon chicken drumsticks, so you get that wonderful mustardy feeling the whole meal through.
Grainy-Mustard And Bacon Potato Salad Recipe
Protein: 9g / %
Carbs: 40g / %
Fat: 13g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 6 to 8 russet or sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 4 to 6 bacon slices, cooked and chopped
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. fresh chives, minced
- 3 tbsp. fresh parsley, minced
- 1/4 cup grainy or old style mustard
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drain the water and let potatoes cool.
- In a bowl combine the mustard, lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil, and season to taste.
- In a salad bowl add the diced potatoes, bacon slices, onion, parsley and chives.
- Drizzle the grainy mustard on top and gently toss everything until well coated.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat.