This salad is perfect for summer produce season: bites of ripe tomatoes, cucumbers, and red onions drizzled with herbs and olive oil, and topped with salty Kalamata olives. Get the tomatoes and cucumbers in-season while you can (and while they’re cheap), and try them with this recipe as a nice break from the standard bowl of leafy greens.
Need some protein to go with that? Here’s a quick and simple baked chicken recipe with matching seasonings: you could serve it with this either hot or cold. Or try it with some baked fish: salmon would be great, and any white fish would also work.
If you personally tolerate dairy, you could always add some feta cheese on top to make even better – or try almond cheese for a dairy-free alternative. But it’s also good without, if you just want to enjoy the fresh flavors of the vegetables without anything else in the way.
Greek Salad Recipe
Add to Meal Plan
- 4 tomatoes, roughly chopped;
- 1 cucumber, roughly chopped;
- 1 bell pepper, roughly chopped;
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced;
- ¾ cup Kalamata olives;
Ingredients for the greek-style dressing
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil;
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar;
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice;;
- ½ tsp. dried oregano;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the dressing and stir until well combined.
- In a salad bowl, combine the tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, and red onions
- Drizzle the dressing on top of the salad and give everything a gentle toss.
- Serve the salad topped with olives.