This salad is perfect for summer produce season: bites of ripe tomatoes, cucumbers, and red onions drizzled with herbs and olive oil, and topped with salty Kalamata olives. Get the tomatoes and cucumbers in-season while you can (and while they’re cheap), and try them with this recipe as a nice break from the standard bowl of leafy greens.
Need some protein to go with that? Here’s a quick and simple baked chicken recipe with matching seasonings: you could serve it with this either hot or cold. Or try it with some baked fish: salmon would be great, and any white fish would also work.
If you personally tolerate dairy, you could always add some feta cheese on top to make even better – or try almond cheese for a dairy-free alternative. But it’s also good without, if you just want to enjoy the fresh flavors of the vegetables without anything else in the way.
Greek Salad Recipe
Protein: 1g / %
Carbs: 12g / %
Fat: 19g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 4 tomatoes, roughly chopped;
- 1 cucumber, roughly chopped;
- 1 bell pepper, roughly chopped;
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced;
- ¾ cup Kalamata olives;
Ingredients for the greek-style dressing
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil;
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar;
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice;;
- ½ tsp. dried oregano;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the dressing and stir until well combined.
- In a salad bowl, combine the tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, and red onions
- Drizzle the dressing on top of the salad and give everything a gentle toss.
- Serve the salad topped with olives.