Looking a simple dish that still impresses? This one’s a perfect, all-in-one recipe for a yummy weekend lunch or a light dinner with loved ones. In this recipe, you’ll be cooking Mediterranean-marinated chicken breasts by using just a few fresh ingredients and allowing them to mix into your chicken. Then, you’ll be creating a light, delicious spring salad to serve either alongside this main course, or mixed together by chopping up the chicken you bake. Depending on the occasion and your preferences, you’ll end up with a light and elegant plate, or an easily transportable one-bowl dish that works perfectly for a lunch out of the house.
While the focus of this dish is the chicken, what really sets this meal apart is the spring salad you’ll be creating. By using ingredients like broccolini, asparagus, and arugula, you’ll be inviting a distinctive salad into your repertoire. This salad is packed with a variety of micro-nutrients and other things that are great for you, but note that unlike traditional salads, this one will require a bit of cooking. This is to allow the harder veggies used here to tenderize a bit, making this dish much more palatable.
One of this dish’s best attributes is that it works as a complete meal. Why not explore some fun drinks to serve with this? If you are making this for an elegant lunch, try serving with a glass of Paleo lemonade. For a light, adults-only dinner, try making a batch of this Paleo sangria.
Lemon & Herb Grilled Chicken with Spring Vegetable Salad Recipe
Protein: 63g / %
Carbs: 7g / %
Fat: 39g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless, boneless
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Italian herb blend
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2-3 tbsp. olive oil
Spring Vegetable Salad Ingredients
- Broccolini (baby broccoli)
- Asparagus, ends snapped
- Sugar snap peas
- Green beans, trimmed
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For the chicken, combine all of the marinade ingredients and mix well. Pour over the chicken and allow to marinate for at least 15 minutes up to 2 hours.
- When the chicken has marinated, grill in a hot griddle pan until cooked through.
- To make the salad, blanche all of the vegetables except arugula until just tender.
- Combine vegetables with the arugula and dress with lemon juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the grilled chicken breasts with the spring vegetable salad.