It’s officially summer, so why not cool down with a glass of grapefruit lemonade? It’s a perfect way to jazz up the classic summertime beverage. As a bonus, you get to eat a fruit that you may not get eat that often and use it in a way other than sprinkled with sugar, or in a salad.
Pink Grapefruits are high in vitamin C, lycopene, and potassium. Add that to the Vitamin C from the lemons and you get a pretty nutritious thirst quencher.
The recipe is simple and quite versatile. It calls for 1⁄4 cup honey, but you can adjust that amount to your liking. You can also adjust the juice ratios if you want to make it stronger in grapefruit or lemon flavor. Juicing the citrus is the most involved part of this recipe but it goes rather quickly if you have a citrus juicer. The aroma of the fruits in the house will leave you feeling refreshed and uplifted.
If you’re unsure about the added honey or the elbow grease used to get the juice, you can go with a much simpler route by making pink grapefruit and lemon infused water. All you have to do is thinly slice one grapefruit and a few lemons, place them in the bottom of the pitcher and add water. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to let the flavors infuse then strain to remove the fruit. Serve the water chilled in a pitcher with fresh grapefruit or lemon slices.
If you’re looking for new Paleo drink options this a great contender.
Pink Grapefruit Lemonade Recipe
Protein: 0g / %
Carbs: 32g / %
Fat: 0g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 1 1⁄4 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 6-7 lemons)
- 1 1⁄4 cups freshly squeezed pink grapefruit juice (about 2 grapefruit)
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- Lemon or grapefruit slices, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine the honey and water and heat over medium heat until the honey is fully dissolved.
- Mix together the honey water, lemon juice, and grapefruit juice into a medium size pitcher and stir well.
- Add additional lemon or grapefruit slices to the pitcher if using. Fill the rest of the pitcher with ice and serve.