Think pizza is out on a low-carb diet? Reframe your desires and you will discover new, exciting ways of eating that leave crusty pizza in the past, right where the gluten belongs. No part of this pizza will go to waste, you’ll love every meat-filled bite! Of course, there is no mozzarella here, not even a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese, which makes it perfect for those avoiding dairy. However, if dairy sits well with you, feel free to add a slice at the very end of baking, or try this low-carb and dairy-rich Keto cauliflower crust pizza instead.
A wooden or metal meat mallet can be of extensive use in a Paleo kitchen – not only does it soften and tenderize tougher cuts of meat by breaking down the collagen, it also makes it easier to work with meat that requires a uniform thickness for cooking, much like this chicken breast crust. That’s right, the flattened chicken breast forms the unbelievably and unassumingly scrumptious crust that will surprise your dinner guests, in a good way. Go heavy on the pepperoni and the homemade Paleo marinara sauce and dinner will bring smiles around the table.
Make sure to cook up a double batch of pizza or marinara sauce and freeze in 1-cup portions, just to be ready for the exact moment when the need for a slice of pizza strikes. Experiment with low-carb toppings and bake the best pizza on the block!
Low-Carb Pizza Chicken Bake Recipe
Protein: 27g / %
Carbs: 10g / %
Fat: 19g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 2 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 1 cup sliced pepperoni
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup pizza or marinara sauce
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Flatten the chicken using a meat mallet or a rolling pin until about 1/2 inch thick.
- Place the chicken in a greased baking dish, and season to taste.
- Cover each flattened chicken breast equally with the pizza sauce and half of the pepperoni.
- Next, divide the vegetables between the two chicken breasts and then finish with remaining pepperoni.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.