This recipe brings healthy fats back into the smoothie game – and with one of the healthiest fat sources around. Avocados are rich in monounsaturated fat – that’s the same kind found in olive oil – plus an impressive amount of vitamin E, magnesium, all the B vitamins, vitamin C, potassium, and other nutrients.
The avocados bring the nutritional A-game, but in terms of taste, the mango is really the star here: the avocado is mild enough to take a back seat, and the spinach really disappears for an almost untasteable nutrient boost. It’s a tropical fruit flavor that works perfectly for a summer treat.
As always, smoothies can’t replace a Paleo meal – just like most other smoothies, this one doesn’t have any protein in it, so it can’t be a meal all by itself. But it would be a very tasty treat or dessert and there’s nothing wrong with having treats and snacks sometimes, especially when they’re as nutrient-dense as this one!
Mango, Avocado, And Spinach Smoothie RecipeAdd to Meal Plan
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted, and chopped;
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and chopped;
- ½ cup spinach;
- 1 cup almond or coconut milk; (use coconut for AIP)
- Juice of half a lime;
- 4 or 5 ice cubes;
- In a blender, combine the mango, avocado, spinach, coconut or almond milk, lime juice, and ice cubes.
- Pulse until you get a smooth texture.
- Divide into two glasses and enjoy.