There are so many gluten-free chocolate chip cookie cake options floating around in the ether, that it can be hard to choose just which cookie cake recipe to bake. They all look so tempting and delicious! Who wouldn’t love to come home to a giant chocolate chip cookie waiting patiently on the counter? But when you dig deeper into the ingredients, sometimes those appetizing pictures don’t seem so Paleo-ish anymore. Some recipes call for peanut butter, brown sugar, shortening, gluten-free oats or a blend of gluten-free flours… Not so nice, after all!
We’ve changed all that, for the better, and made this gluten-free cookie cake a treat that Paleo enthusiasts can devour too. It contains both almond and coconut flour, honey as a sweetener, and coconut oil as a solidifying fat. Choose the right kind of dark chocolate chips, and it can be dairy-free too! This cookie cake is super easy to bake and easy to transport to parties, to work or simply to a friend’s house. And it is an excellent way to surprise the people you love.
Make it classically round, turn it into a heart, keep it simple or decorate as you wish! With a little Paleo icing or a dairy-free buttercream, you can write a message and make someone smile. Or you can get creative with an espresso-flavored chocolate ganache, add sprinkles or raw cocoa nibs. The opportunities for success are only limited by your imagination.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake Recipe
Protein: 21g / %
Carbs: 60g / %
Fat: 62g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp. coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, chocolate chips, and salt.
- In another bowl, combine the wet ingredients: honey, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, beaten egg, and coconut milk.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until evenly mixed.
- Fill the mixture into a greased baking dish and bake in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes.