Salads are a fantastic dish for a quick lunch or a light dinner, especially when they include ingredients that provide a complete macronutrient blend. This salad is a perfect example of how taking the time to prep ingredients can result in a yummy, healthy, and Paleo dish that’s outside what you might expect to see on the table. In this recipe, baked white fish and peaches are combined with greens of your choice and a delicious, zingy dressing to yield a one-of-a-kind salad bowl. This dish is low cost (especially when peaches are in season), quick, and simple to prepare.
It might seem like there’s a lot of oil in this recipe at first glance. While it may be tempting to reduce this amount, try it as written! The olive oil here provides a healthy dose of fats. While fish contains a substantial amount of protein, it isn’t high in fat content, so balancing the macros here requires the oil. You can make adjustments to this dish based on your preferences and dietary requirements – if peaches aren’t your thing, try using nectarines or plums instead. You can also increase or decrease the chili flakes in your sauce depending on how much heat you like in your meals. For your greens, pick a nutrient-dense one that works well without needing to be cooked.
One of the appeals of this recipe is that it works great as a stand-alone dish. If you’d like to serve it alongside something else though, try making it a soup and salad night! We think pairing this with a mild, vegetable-based soup works well, so consider the Simple Carrot Soup or the more complex Cauliflower Chowder.
Peach And White Fish Salad Recipe
Protein: 41g / %
Carbs: 15g / %
Fat: 35g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 1 1/2 lb. white fish fillets
- 2 to 3 peaches, sliced
- 6 cups mixed greens
- 1 thumb size piece fresh ginger, minced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. chili flakes
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Cooking fat
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl, combine the olive oil, lime juice, balsamic vinegar, green onions, garlic, ginger, and chili flakes; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide the mixture in half and brush the white fish fillets with half of the sauce.
- Melt some cooking fat in a skillet over medium-high heat, and cook the peaches until soft, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Set the peaches aside, add some more cooking fat to the skillet, and cook the fish 4 to 5 minutes per side, until done.
- Serve the fish and peaches on top of the mixed greens.
- Drizzle the salad with the remaining dressing, top with toasted pine nuts, and serve.