Are you looking to impress your taste buds with a mouthwatering stew that brings together wholesome and nourishing ingredients? If so, look no further than the sublime Pork Shoulder and Sour Pickle Stew. Perfectly cooked cubes of juicy pork shoulder are bathed in a delectable blend of vinegary sour pickles, white wine vinegar, white wine, and chicken stock, all enriched with the fragrant aroma of fresh thyme.
Pork Shoulder And Sour Pickle Stew
This dish may sound like an odd combination, but I promise you will absolutely love how it turns out. Tender pork in a flavorful sauce, and it is easy to assemble and ready in under an hour. A perfect weeknight meal everyone will devour.
This is ideal to serve with a favorite roasted vegetable on the side or over some mashed potatoes or even mashed sweet potatoes.
Serves: 6-8 Prep Time: 35 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 5 lbs pork shoulder
- 1 cup shallots
- 1 cup sour pickles
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 bunch of fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoon cooking fat
How to Make Pork Shoulder And Sour Pickle Stew
Preheat oven to 350°F. Then, brown the pork cubes in half the cooking fat over medium heat for 5 minutes. Set pork aside.
Add the remaining cooking fat to the pot, then cook the shallots and sour pickles for 2 minutes, scraping the bottom.
Reduce white wine vinegar completely. Add white wine and reduce it by half.
Then add chicken stock, thyme, and the browned pork cubes. Bring this to a boil. Then cover with a lid and bake for 20 minutes, or until the pork is tender.
Remove the meat and vegetables from the pan, and place the Dutch oven over high heat. Boil the remaining liquid until it has thickened into a sauce. Then, return the meat and vegetables to the pot, season, and serve. taste.
More Pork Recipes
Often called the other white meat, pork is a great addition to your menu. Below are some amazing recipes that are packed with flavor and paleo-friendly.
- Roasted Garlic-Mustard Pork Recipe
- Slow-Cooked Hawaiian-Style Kalua Pork Recipe
- Roasted Pork Loin With Pear Sauce Recipe
- Holiday Spiced Pork Roast Recipe
- Pork Roast with Dijon Glaze Recipe
- Apple-Cinnamon Pork Loin Recipe
Paleo Pork Shoulder and Sour Pickle Stew
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brown pork cubes in cooking fat over medium heat for about 5 minutes.5 lbs pork shoulder, 2 tablespoon cooking fat
- Set pork cubes aside. Add cooking fat to the pot, then cook shallots and sour pickles for 2 minutes, scraping the bottom.1 cup shallots, 1 cup sour pickles
- Add white wine vinegar and reduce. Add white wine and reduce by half.1 cup white wine vinegar, 1 cup white wine
- Add chicken stock, thyme, and browned pork cubes. Bring to a boil.4 cups chicken stock, 1 bunch fresh thyme
- Cover and place pot in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until pork is tender.
- Set meat and vegetables aside. Return pot to high heat. Boil liquid until desired thickness.
- Add pork and pickles back to the pot. Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Use pork roast or pork shoulder cut into cubes. A fattier cut will result in a richer flavor.