Combine zucchini, white wine, mushrooms, fresh thyme, and pork tenderloin and what do you have? A meal of epic proportions that will satiate the appetites of everyone around the table. Uncomplicated is good, it is easy and it is to the benefit of all cooks who love to serve awesome meals with little effort. Anyone can sear a cut of pork and toss it into the oven to bake, while the onions and mushrooms are being chopped, cooked and simmered with a mixture of wine, herbs and chicken stock. Go ahead and make this recipe your own by adding a dash of lemon juice or coconut aminos before serving!
While you are at it, feel free to substitute ingredients and change it to your likes. After all, a recipe is but a starting point – unless you are baking a Paleo carrot cake with 21 ingredients, which we suggest you follow precisely. However, in the case of mushrooms, we encourage you to go wild and adapt this recipe to fit in the mushroom season, finding treasures from the forest floor if you are experienced in foraging, or the farmers market. No green onions on hand? Use chives instead for a slightly different flavor, remember that the flowers are edible too, and can be used as a garnish.
Once you get to know the basics, you can then express your creativity in the kitchen and make every meal extra special. All it takes is knowing and believing that you are an amazing cook.
Pork Tenderloin With Zucchini Salad Recipe
Protein: 34g / %
Carbs: 8g / %
Fat: 22g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 1 lb. pork tenderloin
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tbsp. cooking fat
- 1 cup chicken stock
Zucchini Salad Ingredients
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. walnuts, crushed
- 1 large zucchini, cut into thin matchstick pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Season pork with salt and pepper.
- Add 1 tbsp. olive oil to a medium-sized skillet placed over medium-high heat. Place the pork in the pan and allow to cook on all sides until golden brown (just a few minutes).
- Remove pork from skillet and place on a baking sheet. Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes.
- In the same skillet, add remaining oil. Sauté onions until soft, then add mushrooms and thyme. Continue to cook until mushrooms are golden brown in color.
- Add wine and cook until completely evaporated. Then add broth and continue to cook for 5-8 minutes.
- Lastly, add the cooking fat. Allow to melt and the sauce will thicken slightly.
- For zucchini salad: Heat medium-sized skillet over medium heat. Add walnuts and allow to cook until they begin to brown. Stir constantly to prevent them from burning. Remove once they become fragrant and golden.
- Add oil to the pan and toss in zucchini, season to taste and allow to cook for just a few minutes until zucchini softens; about 5 minutes.
- Add walnuts back to the pan and mix well.
- Slice the pork and top with sauce. Serve salad on the side.