Whether you want comfort food or just something with a unique flavor, this roasted salmon with fennel, red onion, and tomato dish is sure to please. This dish is bursting with flavor and contains ingredients that are both paleo- and keto-friendly.
Roasted Salmon Recipe
Not only is this recipe a feast for the taste buds, but the salmon in this dish is an excellent source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids essential for maintaining a healthy body. Additionally, the fennel and onion provide an array of vitamins and minerals such as potassium, vitamin C, and dietary fiber.
This pairs perfectly with some asparagus or a nice large green salad on the side.
Serves: 2 Prep Time: 7 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes
• 2 salmon fillets
• 2 fennel bulbs, cut into ½-inch wedges
• 1 red onion, cut into ½-inch wedges
• 6 garlic cloves
• 1 cup cherry tomatoes
• 1 bunch of fresh thyme sprigs
• 2 teaspoon cooking fat
• Juice of 1 lemon
How to Make Roasted Salmon With Fennel, Red Onion, And Tomatoes
Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C and line a roasting pan with parchment paper for easy cleanup. Then, prepare the fennel and onion by cutting into ½" wedges. Peel and crush the garlic cloves.
In the roasting pan, lay out the vegetables and garlic, and then pour the melted cooking fat over the top. Season the vegetables with salt and pepper to taste, then roast for 20 minutes.
After 20-minutes. remove from the oven and place the salmon fillets in the center of the pan, moving the vegetables to make room for them. Sprinkle the top with lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper.
Roast the salmon for 10 minutes, or until it has reached 125°F internally at the thickest part.
More Salmon Recipes
If you enjoy salmon like this, then you will love the recipes below. Filled with healthy proteins and great flavor, these are ideal for adding to your meal plan.
- Keto Cilantro-Lime Salmon Recipe
- Bacon-Wrapped Salmon Recipe
- Pomegranate Salmon Recipe
- Mediterranean Salmon Tartare Recipe
- Maple-Crusted Salmon Recipe
Roasted Salmon with Fennel, Tomatoes, and Onion
- Get started by preheating your oven to 400°F/200°C. To make cleanup a breeze, line a roasting pan with parchment paper. While the oven heats up, cut the fennel and onion into ½" wedges and crush the garlic cloves.2 fennel bulbs, 1 red onion, 6 garlic cloves
- In the roasting pan, lay out the veggies ,tomatoes, and garlic before drizzling melted cooking fat over the top. Season with salt and pepper to taste, add the fresh tyme, then roast for 20 minutes.1 cup cherry tomatoes, 1 bunch fresh thyme sprigs, 2 teaspoon cooking fat
- Once the timer goes off, take the pan out of the oven and make space for the salmon fillets. Arrange them in the center of the pan and sprinkle with lemon juice. Don't forget to season with salt and pepper.2 salmon fillets
- Finally, put the pan back in the oven and roast the salmon for 10 minutes. Keep an eye on the temperature and remove it once it reaches 125°F at the thickest part. Enjoy your delicious roasted salmon with fennel - perfect for a paleo-friendly meal!2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Feel free to season the salmon with additional herbs and spices if desired.
- Add zucchini, squash, broccoli, or cauliflower to the vegetables for roasting for more flavor.