We’ve said it before, and we will say it again, we love how undemanding it can be to cook fish. Baked, grilled or pan-fried, it really doesn’t matter, but the few flavors that you throw in with it? Take those into serious consideration.
Thyme and rosemary pair nicely with salmon, and cilantro is always a classic garnish, yet the culinary world is all about exploration. Which brings us to limes. The first wild limes are believed to come from as far away as Southeast Asia or Indonesia, they then made their way to the Mediterranean, and today they are cultivated in abundance in India, Mexico and China. To many of us they are an exotic fruit, but one that we all know and love. Once we discovered the harmony between salmon and limes, we ate it all up, and the rest is history. Well, almost. One other thing to consider in addition to this meal, is a cilantro-lime sauce. It takes half a cup of sour cream or coconut cream, finely minced cilantro and green onion to taste, a finely chopped clove of garlic and a tablespoon of, you guessed it, lime juice. You could try this as a dressing over some steamed greens as well.
If you have managed to snag a bunch of ripe limes at the store, then may we suggest some spicy cilantro-lime chicken for later in the week? Just to be sure that those precious limes don’t go to waste.
Keto Cilantro-Lime Salmon Recipe
Protein: 50g / %
Carbs: 8g / %
Fat: 82g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- Juice and zest of 2 limes, and then slice the limes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped + more for garnish
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Place the lime slices in baking a dish, then season the salmon fillets to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper on both sides; place fish on top of the lime slices.
- In a bowl, combine lime juice, lime zest, cilantro, garlic, and coconut oil.
- Pour the mixture over the salmon and place in the oven.
- Cook 15 to 20 minutes, or until salmon reaches desired doneness.
- Let the salmon rest 2 to 3 minutes, and serve topped with fresh cilantro and fresh lime slices.