Have you ever read one of those “casserole” recipes that call for a box of pasta, two cans of store-bought cream of mushroom soup, and half a container of Cheez Whiz?
This is not that one of those recipes. It’s just as convenient – dinner in one pot, no need to fuss with browning anything beforehand – but you can skip the pasta and the hyper-processed ingredients in favor of fresh, whole foods. And the spicy buffalo chicken taste is definitely a whole lot better than gloopy puddles of fake cheese and soup from a can.
If you don’t want so much heat in your dinner, you can always replace some or all of the hot sauce with BBQ sauce – go half-and-half to tone it down, or all-BBQ for a mellow, sweeter taste. Serve your masterpiece with a fresh side salad to balance the richness of the casserole, and dig in!
Sweet Potato And Buffalo Chicken Casserole Recipe
Protein: 98g / %
Carbs: 37g / %
Fat: 58g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes;
- 5 sweet potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes;
- 1 tbsp. paprika;
- 2 tbsp. garlic powder;
- 6 tbsp. hot sauce;
- ½ cup olive oil or melted ghee;
- 1 cup bacon, cooked and cut into pieces;
- 1 cup green onions, sliced;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste;
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- In a large bowl, combine together the olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, hot sauce, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the sweet potatoes and chicken, and stir to coat.
- Empty the bowl into a casserole dish.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes.
- Add the green onions and bacon to the dish and place back in the oven for another 5 minutes to let all the flavors combine.