Have a hankering for tacos? Does your family want to do a taco night (Taco Tuesday, anyone!)? Try this grilled shrimp salad with plenty of tasty taco seasonings, a lime marinade and creamy avocado. There are so many flavors and veggies in this salad, you’ll forget it’s missing a taco shell!
When we give up grains, like corn, there are some food items that fly out the window, like corn tortillas. No, corn is not a vegetable — it’s a grain. Albeit a gluten-free grain, but corn is still a grain, and it’s just another reason to not fall for the “gluten-free” label fad. Thankfully, you can make your own tortillas from cauliflower or plantains. But, let’s make it even easier and leave out the shell and fill our bowl with veggies, instead.
Marinate the shrimp in the chili powder, paprika, cumin, and lime juice for at least 20 minutes. If you have more time, let it marinate even longer. Pack the ingredients into a big bowl, or do a build-your-own style and let everyone fix up their own salad.
Taco Lime Shrimp Salad Recipe
Protein: 50g / %
Carbs: 18g / %
Fat: 40g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 5 cups mixed greens
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. cumin powder
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup packed cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Wood or metal skewers
- In a bowl, combine the chili powder, paprika, cumin, and 1/4 cup lime juice.
- Place the shrimp in the chili mixture and marinate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Thread the shrimps on wood or metal skewers.
- Grill the shrimp until they turn pink, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- In a dressing jar, combine the cilantro, olive oil, 1/4 cup lime juice, and season to taste.
- In a salad bowl, combine the mixed greens, tomatoes, avocado, red onion and shrimp.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette and serve.