You’ve been drooling over Pinterest images to find a hidden gem: the perfectly festive Paleo appetizer that meets all of your entertaining needs. Some recipes are overly complex with too many ingredients, others are too simple, or just plain boring. When it comes to appetizers, it is about looks too, so whatever you make, has to say “grab me” or “dip me”, after all that’s what party food is about – it has to be eaten/devoured, and hopefully enjoyed. If you really want to see an empty platter, these turkey and sweet potato bites with dried cranberries will literally walk away from the table.
Of course, you will want to have a cranberry dipping sauce, for that sweetest-sour flavor combination that everyone loves, though you could also whip up a Dijon-mint sauce for a special holiday twist. When the holidays come around, you don’t want to stress over ingredients, after all, there is plenty to bake and decorate! You could add some minced pork, or any ground meat you have on hand, or skip the coconut or almond flour (though the patties will be a little less firm). The great thing about this recipe is that it allows you to be flexible, even on essential ingredients, so that you can focus on the larger elements of amusing your guests.
Serve up some Paleo drinks of the alcoholic or non-alcoholic kind and enjoy the beautiful moments, and tasty bites, spent with family and friends!
Turkey, Cranberry and Sweet Potato Bites Recipe
Protein: 32g / %
Carbs: 32g / %
Fat: 37g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 sweet potatoes, shredded
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 2 tsp. fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 tsp. fresh sage, minced
- 2 tsp. fresh parsley, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp. coconut or almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a bowl combine the turkey, green onion, sweet potato, cranberries, rosemary, sage, parsley, egg, flour, and season to taste.
- Mix everything until well combined, and form into small patties.
- Melt coconut oil in a skillet, and brown the turkey bites 1 to 2 minutes per side, in small batches.
- Transfer the patties to a baking sheet and bake in the oven 20 to 25 minutes, turning at the halfway point.
- Let the turkey bites cool 4 to 5 minutes before serving.