Lively, green, spicy and Vietnamese – this beef and mango salad is here to tempt your taste buds and nourish your body with mint leaves aplenty. The list of salad ingredients is mouthwatering enough, but then you get to the Vietnamese-style dressing and you think, “Wow, I can’t make this soon enough!”.
The recipe serves about 2 people, though it is easy enough to scale up for a dinner party of 4. If you are eating alone, know that the leftovers will be extremely delicious, just keep the refrigerated dressing separate from the salad ingredients until you serve yourself a second time. Also, keep in mind that you will need to plan ahead with this coconut amino and fish sauce marinade – it is best to let the sirloin steak marinate 2-12 hours for the most flavor. If you prepare it in the morning before heading off to work, dinner will be a cinch to finish in the evening, with only a handful of minutes needed for frying the beef slices – which leaves you plenty of time to relax and unwind with a healthy meal on your plate, exciting conversation optional.
If you are out to impress, others, or yourself, you may want to bring a delicious appetizer into the meal, Vietnamese spring rolls with a garlic and sriracha sauce perhaps? Another incredible 2-serving meal is beef pho, you must try that at least once, if not a hundred times in your life.
Vietnamese-Style Beef And Mango Salad Recipe
Protein: 21g / %
Carbs: 72g / %
Fat: 22g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 1 sirloin steak, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 3 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tsp. chili flakes
- 2 tbsp. raw honey
- Cooking fat
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 1 mango, julienned
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup almonds, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
Vietnamese Style Dressing Ingredients
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp. raw honey, melted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. chili flakes
- In a bowl combine the sliced beef with garlic, coconut aminos, fish sauce, chili flakes, and honey.
- Refrigerate and marinate 2 to 12 hours.
- Melt cooking fat in a skillet over medium-high heat, and cook the beef slices until no longer pink, 4 to 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine all the ingredients for the dressing and whisk until well combined.
- In a salad bowl, add all of the remaining ingredients, drizzle with the dressing, and toss everything gently.
- Serve the salad topped with the beef.