This fiery and flavorful wild salmon with Cajun spices recipe is a must-try for any seafood lovers! The spicy and aromatic seasoning mix creates a blackened crust that sears in the juicy tenderness of the salmon. Don't be intimidated by the Cajun spices, they created a smoky flavor with just enough heat.
Wild Salmon With Cajun Spices
One of the benefits of this dish is that the salmon is high in omega-3 fatty acids which are essential for a healthy diet. The spices used in this recipe also have anti-inflammatory properties, making it great for those following a paleo or keto lifestyle.
Don't be afraid to get creative with this recipe, it can be prepared with various types of fish including tilapia, halibut, or cod. The spice blend can also be blended in bulk and stored for later use with any seafood dish. Give this recipe a try and serve alongside some sauteed vegetables for a perfect meal.
Serves: 4 Prep Time: 7 min + 30 min Cook Time:4 min
• 1 tablespoon ground cumin
• 1 tablespoon crushed coriander seeds
• 1 tablespoon dried ground garlic
• 2 tablespoon paprika
• 1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
• 1 tablespoon dried thyme
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 4 wild salmon fillets, about ½ lb each, skin removed
• Cooking fat
• Sea salt to taste
How to Make Wild Salmon With Cajun Spices
In a bowl, mix the Cajun seasoning together. Add cumin, coriander, garlic, paprika, black pepper, thyme, and oregano, then sea salt to taste. Whisk and set aside.
Prepare your salmon by coating both sides in the seasoning mixture. Then, wrap them in plastic wrap and let them sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
In a large skillet, melt the cooking fat over high heat. Place the salmon into the pan for 2 minutes. Then flip and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes, until the desired doneness.
Taste and add salt and pepper before serving, if desired.
More Salmon Recipes
If you need more inspiration for your menu, look no further than the recipes below. Here you will find delicious and easy-to-prepare salmon recipes that readily fit into your paleo or keto diet.
- Keto Cilantro-Lime Salmon Recipe
- Bacon-Wrapped Salmon Recipe
- Pomegranate Salmon Recipe
- Mediterranean Salmon Tartare Recipe
- Maple-Crusted Salmon Recipe
Wild Salmon with Cajun Spices
- In a bowl, mix 1 tablespoon ground cumin, 1 tablespoon crushed coriander seeds, 1 tablespoon of dried ground garlic, 2 tablespoons of paprika, 1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper, 1 tablespoon dried thyme, and 1 teaspoon dried oregano. Don't forget to add sea salt to taste and set aside.1 tablespoon ground cumin, 1 tablespoon crushed coriander seeds, 1 tablespoon dried ground garlic, 2 tablespoon paprika, 1 tablespoon black pepper, 1 tablespoon dried thyme, 1 teaspoon dried oregano, Sea salt
- Next, take half of the spice blend and rub it onto both sides of the salmon fillets. Once done, cover them with plastic wrap and let them sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.4 wild salmon fillets
- While the salmon is marinating, preheat a frying pan on high heat and add some cooking fat to the pan. When it's melted, place the salmon fillets in the pan and cook for 2 minutes without moving them.2 tablespoon cooking fat
- After 2 minutes, flip the fillets over and continue cooking for another 2 minutes. Add more salt or pepper as needed.
- Use a paleo Cajun seasoning blend if you prefer a faster preparation.
- Serve with mashed or riced cauliflower and fresh vegetables on the side.
- Leftover salmon can be stored for up to 4 days in the refrigerator.