These lucky shrimp get a double flavor boost: a spicy, lemony marinade to bring out that fresh-from-the-ocean seafood flavor, and then a bacon wrapper for some delicious contrast. It’s like serving a seriously upgraded shrimp ring – and it’s not even much more effort. The shrimp need a couple hours of marinating to really get the flavor in, but they’re easy to put in the fridge a few hours before a party and then take out to quickly bake when the festivities are about to start.
On top of being conveniently snack-sized, shrimp are also very nutritious: the only thing they’re notably missing is fat, and hey, you’ve got bacon for that. Especially as party snacks go, you could do a lot worse than high-quality protein, B vitamins, selenium, and iodine.
The obvious use for these is as appetizers or a snack tray, but if you don’t really have any need for that, they’d be perfect on top of a special salad. Or use really big shrimp and just eat them as the main protein at a meal, with some quick vegetable accompaniments to round it off.
Zesty Marinated Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp Recipe
Protein: 13g / %
Carbs: 4g / %
Fat: 22g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 16 shrimp, peeled and deveined;
- 8 slices of bacon, cut in half;
Ingredients for the zesty marinade
- 1/4 cup olive oil;
- 1/4 cup lemon juice;
- 1/2 cup red onion, minced;
- 1 garlic clove, minced;
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh parsley;
- 1/8 tsp. hot pepper sauce; (optional)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients for the zesty marinade.
- Stir in the shrimp, cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 450 F.
- Wrap each shrimp with half a slice of bacon.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper, and place the bacon-wrapped shrimp on it.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until the bacon is crisp.