This simple, crunchy fruit salad features a citrus dressing and some pine nuts for extra crunch. It’s a great option to make ahead for a party or a dinner, since you can refrigerate it for several hours before serving, and it’s actually better that way. And it’s even vegan, so you’ll be helping out two sets of diet restrictions at once. With the holiday color scheme, this would be a particularly great one to save for a Christmas party down the line.
You could make this one either as a side or as a dessert. Try it with Paleo pancakes or another special breakfast if you’re making something fancy. It might also be nice for brunch or lunch, maybe with some chicken and a baked sweet potato. Or try it for dessert, by itself or on top of some Paleo ice cream.
One word of warning: this salad is pretty high in FODMAPs so if you regularly have trouble digesting FODMAP fibers, it might not be the best choice for you. On the other hand, it would be pretty easy to make AIP-friendly (just take out the pine nuts). Bring it to Thanksgiving dinner or a potluck, or just make it and gobble it all down yourself.
Apple And Grape Salad Recipe
Add to Meal Plan
- 4 apples, diced;
- 2 pears, diced;
- 1 stalk of celery, diced;
- 2 cups seedless grapes, halved;
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon;
- ½ cup fresh orange juice;
- Juice from ½ lemon;
- ¼ cup pine nuts;
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil;
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, orange juice, and cinnamon.
- Mix all the remaining ingredients in a salad bowl.
- Pour the dressing on top of the fruit and mix until well coated.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.