It isn’t always easy to come up with a solo dish that everyone around the table loves – that’s part of the fun of eating out, when we all get to choose what we want. So, you want to know a single-handedly good way to get your kids (or your partner) to lick their plates? Serve these bacon wrapped chicken strips for dinner tonight, with some choice BBQ dipping sauce, and you will receive the praise of the century. The picture alone should say enough about the flavor, but oh, the texture. That remains to be seen, and tasted.
Whether these tempting chicken tenders are for game day, posing as an appetizing appetizer, or simply to be consumed for lunch in the backyard, you must know that they are beyond easy to make, and they are deliciously low-carb too. You can pair them with a beet, broccoli and mache salad with almond vinaigrette and immediately, and expertly, up the level of the dining experience.
Want them a tad sweeter? Add a little raw honey to the BBQ sauce. A wee bit spicier? Sprinkle in a generous amount of cayenne pepper. More speckled? Shake in some dried green herbs – tarragon, oregano, basil. Take this recipe and make it your unique go-to signature dish. And if mustard is more your thing, we highly recommend trying this with South Carolina-style mustard barbecue sauce. You will not be disappointed.
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders Recipe
Protein: 38g / %
Carbs: 14g / %
Fat: 13g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 2 to 3 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, sliced into strips
- 8 to 10 bacon strips, halved
- 1/2 cup homemade BBQ sauce
- 1/2 tbsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a bowl combine the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and season to taste.
- Season the chicken strips with the spice mixture.
- Wrap each chicken strip with a bacon slice.
- Place on a baking sheet, and bake in the oven 25 to 30 minutes, turning at the halfway point.
- Brush the bacon wrapped chicken tenders with the BBQ sauce generously.
- Set the oven to broil, and cook the tenders 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Serve with additional BBQ sauce.