Appetizingly scrumptious and delectable to munch, one after the other… Pineapple is sweet, the meat is savory, and since everyone loves them from young to old, then it must mean that bacon is involved! Every bite is a delicious pineapple chunk wrapped in your choice of bacon, with BBQ sauce optional, yet highly recommended. Skip this last step and you may be missing out on an explosion of astronomical flavors. We know, it may not spin your entire world, but the thought of bacon wrapped pineapple bites may just make you take a second round at a party, sneaking a hand in on the appetizer tray as it swishes on by.
Make a mental note to use fresh pineapple for these bacon bites, as it is the best choice for every pineapple related recipe. If all you have on hand is canned pineapple, choose the unsweetened tins, just know that the vitamin C content is greater in fresh fruit and the anti-inflammatory enzyme – bromelain – is destroyed in the canning process. With every cup of pineapple you are getting about 76% of your daily required dose of manganese and that’s a good thing as it activates enzymes associated with carbohydrate, cholesterol and protein metabolism.
Bacon-Wrapped Pineapple Bites Recipe
Protein: 13g / %
Carbs: 50g / %
Fat: 12g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- Fresh pineapple chunks
- Thick sliced bacon, sliced in half lengthwise
Hawaiian-Style BBQ Sauce Ingredients (optional)
- 1/3 cup fresh pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup homemade ketchup
- 2 tbsp. raw honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
- In a saucepan combine the pineapple juice, coconut aminos, homemade ketchup, garlic, ginger and honey.
- Bring to a light boil over medium heat, stir and simmer 10 to 12 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Wrap each pineapple chunk with a bacon slice and secure with a toothpick.
- Brush the bacon-wrapped pineapple with the BBQ sauce and place on a baking sheet.
- Cook the pineapple bites for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Serve the bacon-wrapped pineapple with the extra BBQ sauce.