Looking for a perfect use for your homemade bacon? Sure, you could just fry it up, but sometimes a special occasion calls for something a little fancier. For a special breakfast, these cute bacon-wrapped mushrooms would be the perfect complement to a plate of scrambled eggs, maybe with some fried onions on the side.
The recipe as written will give you moderately-crispy bacon; if you like it extra-crunchy, you can pre-cook it until it’s halfway done before you roll up the mushrooms. Don’t cook it all the way, though, or it’ll break when you try to wrap it.
For extra flavor, one easy addition is just a little barbecue sauce: drizzle it on after the mushrooms come out of the oven. If you don’t have any barbecue sauce made, there’s a recipe here: mix some up and make sure to make a double batch so you have extra for the next time (freeze it in an ice-cube tray if you’re not going to use it right away). You don’t have to use the barbecue sauce, though; the mushrooms are tasty just on their own, as part of breakfast or as tasty finger food at any time of day!
Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
Protein: 40g / %
Carbs: 16g / %
Fat: 40g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- ½ cup shallots, minced;
- 2 cloves garlic, minced;
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, minced;
- 20 large mushrooms;
- 1 lb. bacon, with each slice cut in half;
- 4 tbsp. BBQ sauce; (optional)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Remove the stems from each mushroom. Chop the removed stems finely and set aside in a bowl.
- Mix up the stuffing by adding the garlic, shallot, and parsley to the bowl with the chopped mushroom stems. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Using a small spoon, fill each mushroom cap with the stuffing.
- Wrap each mushroom with a strip of bacon.
- Bake the wrapped mushrooms for 20 minutes in the preheated oven.
- (optional) Drizzle with the BBQ sauce and toss gently until well coated. Serve immediately!