Cabbage is a workhorse vegetable because it can be served many ways, including either hot or cold. Cabbage can be roasted in the oven, tossed in coleslaw, combined in a stir-fry or mixed in a salad. To seal the deal on cabbage, it’s rather inexpensive given it’s multi-purpose feature.
These round, delicate-flavored globes are a part of the brassica family of vegetables, which are also known as “cruciferous vegetables”. Cabbage is filled with nutrients including Vitamin K1, Vitamin C and Vitamin B6.
This recipe can be served as a side dish to a main course. The flavors of the ghee and bacon will melt into the cabbage as it cooks, ensuring the cabbage is both savory and soft.
Baked Bacon And Cabbage Recipe
Protein: 9g / %
Carbs: 15g / %
Fat: 25g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 1 green cabbage, cut into 8 wedges;
- 6 bacon slices, cut into pieces;
- 1/4 cup ghee, melted;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Preheat the oven to 450 F.
- Place the cabbage wedges in a roasting pan and season to taste.
- Pour the melted ghee over the cabbage, and top each wedge with bacon pieces.
- Cover and cook in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the cover and cook another 25 to 30 minutes, or until bacon is crispy and cabbage is golden brown.