Fresh blackberries add a fruity, summery flavor to this special barbecue sauce: it’s still rich, smoky, and a little bit spicy, but with that little extra something to really make it unique.
Tenderloin isn’t the first cut of pork that springs to mind when you haul out the barbecue, and there’s always the worry that such a lean meat will get tough or chewy on the grill. The trick to avoiding this is simple: indirect heat. Don’t throw your tenderloin over a roaring flame; it’ll just dry out. Instead, cook it over indirect heat, so it has the chance to heat up slowly without losing all its juices. And don’t forget to let it rest for a few minutes before carving!
To get 4-5 pounds of pork in total, you might need more than one tenderloin. That’s perfectly fine; just lower the cooking time to match the smaller pieces of meat (the easiest way to do this is to just haul out your thermometer and cook the tenderloin until it’s 160 degrees). Cut your meat into medallions, and serve it with a crunchy fresh salad to start off grilling season with a very tasty bang.
BBQ Tenderloin With Blackberry Sauce Recipe
Protein: 134g / %
Carbs: 22g / %
Fat: 18g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 4 to 5 lbs. pork tenderloin
- 1 cup fresh blackberries;
- 1/4 cup homemade ketchup;
- 1/4 cup honey; (optional)
- 1 tbsp. fresh ginger;
- 1 clove garlic;
- ½ tbsp. chili powder;
- 1 tsp. paprika;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Preheat your grill to a medium-high heat for indirect heat.
- Place the tenderloin(s) on the grill over the indirect heat, and cook for 35 minutes, turning them over halfway through.
- While the meat is cooking, combine all the other ingredients in a blender and pulse until everything is smooth.
- Place the sauce in a saucepan over a medium heat and bring to a simmer, stirring frequently, and let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Baste the tenderloin with the sauce. Turn and cook for about 10 minutes; then repeat the process for the other side.
- Serve with the extra BBQ sauce.