If you have any leftover chicken lying around, this salad is a perfect way to transform it into something delicious. It’s got crunchy celery, juicy grapes, and a creamy dill mayonnaise dressing – and yes, kale. But the kale really isn’t overpowering here; if you’re a little skeptical of eating it raw, this is a very manageable place to start.
In the hot summer weather, this is a great salad to have ready in the fridge for some quick protein that you don’t need to turn on the oven to enjoy. Or you could make a big batch at the beginning of the week and pack it in your lunchbox with some carrot sticks or other finger vegetables for a fast and easy lunch. Or try it inside a lettuce wrap to add even more vegetables and some extra crunch.
This would also be good to bring to a barbecue or potluck – show up with a big bowl and impress everyone with your amazing healthy mayonnaise skills. You might just make a few Paleo converts out of people who expected salad to be boring and tasteless and got yours instead!
Chicken And Grape Salad Recipe
Protein: 36g / %
Carbs: 10g / %
Fat: 14g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 1 lb. chicken breasts, cooked and chopped;
- 1 cup kale, finely chopped;
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, halved;
- 1 stalk celery, chopped;
- ¼ cup red onion, finely chopped;
- ¼ cup homemade mayonnaise;
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice;
- ½ tbsp. fresh dill, minced;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- In a bowl, combine the chicken, kale, celery, onions, and grapes.
- In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise and lemon juice, dill. Season to taste, and whisk until well combined.
- Drizzle the sauce over the chicken mixture, and toss gently until combined.
- Refrigerate to chill and serve.