This salad is ready for summer and a great use of grilled chicken. The chicken is coated in zesty lemon juice, then rubbed with tasty spices. If you have a backyard garden or made a trip to the farmer’s market, then you may have a bounty of fresh strawberries to use for this salad. Slice them up and toss them in!
Many salads use a mayonnaise-based dressing, but this salad uses avocado oil and extra virgin olive oil to create a creamy and satisfying alternative. If you have allergies to the eggs in mayo, use avocado oil and/or an extra virgin olive oil-based dressing as a substitute. The balsamic vinegar and fresh herbs give this salad a fresh taste, and the strawberries bring a sweet, bold flavor.
The chicken provides enough protein to eat this salad as a meal, and you won’t need to eat this as a side. Pair this salad with a starchy vegetable, or eat as a tasty lunch!
Chicken, Strawberry, Avocado And Spinach Salad Recipe
Protein: 30g / %
Carbs: 13g / %
Fat: 42g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. dried parsley
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 6 cups fresh spinach
- 6 to 8 large strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled, and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. fresh tarragon, minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Marinate chicken in lemon juice, and top with onion powder, parsley and paprika.
- Cook on the preheated grill for 10 to 15 minutes per side, or until no longer pink.
- Whisk the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, tarragon, and season to taste in a bowl.
- In a bowl, toss in the spinach, strawberry, red onion and avocado.
- Pour the dressing over the spinach and gently toss until well covered.
- Serve the salad topped with the sliced, grilled chicken.