There are two words to describe this meal of chicken and vegetables simmered in an herb-rich Italian dressing: simply classic. Of course, it may also be called scrumptiously mouthwatering or invitingly savory, but we know you get the point. It’s good. And we are sticking to that. Who can resist thinly sliced chicken breasts, simmered together with fresh, young asparagus and grape tomatoes, coated in a delicious dressing with all your favorite spices? We can’t, and that is why we recommend this dish for both lunch and dinner, not necessarily on the same day, but we are not here to judge!
At this very moment, we are thinking of an appetizer to go along with the meal. To keep in line with the theme of asparagus, let us suggest a bowl of creamy asparagus soup with roasted garlic Caesar salad for starters. It takes some preparation, yet it is entirely worth it, for the rewards come in the form of amazing flavors – plus you can store the soup in the fridge overnight and reheat again tomorrow. Batch cooking is great for when you stock up on basic ingredients that can be used in multiple ways.
Given that this meal takes just 40 minutes to prepare and cook, you are looking at some free time on your hands. Sit down and read a Paleo cookbook to be inspired by even more recipes, sip a glass of lemonade, or relish in the moment and just be.
Chicken And Vegetables With Italian Dressing Recipe
Protein: 22g / %
Carbs: 10g / %
Fat: 27g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- Cooking fat
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh parsley, to garnish
Italian Dressing Ingredients
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the Italian dressing, season to taste and mix until well emulsified.
- Heat some cooking fat over high heat in a skillet and season the chicken to taste.
- Brown the chicken until cooked through, about 4 to 5 minutes. Pour in half of the dressing and stir everything until well coated.
- Remove the chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add the asparagus and shredded carrots, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften.
- Pour in the remaining dressing, add the tomatoes, season to taste and mix.
- Add the chicken back to the pan until warmed through, serve garnished with fresh parsley.