Once you have thoroughly explored the smoothies, the hashes and the overwhelming variety of meats, chances are good that you will return to the humble egg, the one that has been providing glorious nutrition since the beginning of time. Besides, spicy chorizo and spinach tucked up nicely in a golden omelette? Who could pass that up for breakfast?
And it couldn’t be easier to whip up an amazing meal for 2! Or a simple dish for now, and a lunch to be rewarmed later. Never be intimidated by cooking an omelette, as it is much easier than it seems. Start with removing the chorizo from its casing and cook it well with onion and garlic; then gently wilt the spinach and set the skillet aside. Next you will want to whisk the eggs with a small amount of coconut milk and add that mix to the already hot skillet with ghee (or your Paleo fat of choice). Flip when ready, add the chorizo mix and fold the egg “pancake”. It is now ready to be cut and served.
Want to go all out with the breakfast-in-bed surprise factor? Consider adding some Paleo sour cream as a generous topping and a finely chopped jalapeño to start the day with some sweet spice for your loved ones.
Chorizo And Spinach Omelette Recipe
Protein: 21g / %
Carbs: 7g / %
Fat: 46g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup spinach, chopped
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 tbsp. coconut milk
- 2 chorizo sausages, casing removed
- 1/4 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 tbsp. ghee
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Melt 2 tablespoons of ghee in a skillet, over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and garlic; cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until soft.
- Add the chorizo to the skillet and cook breaking apart until cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the spinach, remove from heat and toss everything.
- In a bowl break the eggs, add the coconut milk, and season to taste; whisk until well combined.
- In another skillet, melt the remaining ghee over medium heat.
- Pour the beaten egg on the skillet and cook until firm enough to flip.
- Flip the omelette and add the chorizo mixture on top, roll or fold the egg to cover the chorizo.
- Serve the omelette topped with diced tomatoes and green onions.